Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hello Mr. Sunshine

Rice Lake, North Vancouver
I'm on a quest to get more sleep this week so I will make this brief. I hope all of you enjoyed running in the sun today! I was completely energized by the bright blue sky and the crisp morning air. Even better, Ellie got some much needed sleep as she rolled along in the stroller. Loved it.

For the next couple of weeks, keep working on your three runs and start building up to about 10km by the end of the month. If your longish run is about 6km, do 7km this week, 8km the next week and so on. Try and make your longer run on the same day of the week - so that you have adequate rest between weeks.

After my last post on consistency, it is with some hesitation I tell you I only got in two runs this week.  I know, I know...no excuses right? Well, I was single mom for the first half of the week so had no one to cover for me. Anyway, great run on Friday through the trails with O-dog and another good one this morning pushing Ellie around Rice Lake in the stroller. The fact that I was pushing 30 pounds of child and another 15 pounds of stroller has to count for something, don't you think? The picture here was one of our fabulous views from the run this morning. Awesome. Two runs..some awesome yoga practises and a weekend with family and celebrations. Love it.  

Post a comment to let me know how it's going and what you'd like to see here. I'd like to open up this blog so there are other writers. If you want to be added as a contributor, please let me know. 

No comments: